Friday, November 6, 2009

Clever title

I spent the last two days fighting off the flu. I basically did nothing but watch tv, and, being the first time I've watched tv in a long while, I realized how fucking boring that shit is. Surely, the people that spend their waking hours outside of work in front of the tv find it to be at the very least unfulfilling?

Anway, I started reading Marx's Capital vol I. Looking forward to getting more into it. And I'm hoping it'll give me a better foundation for when I start actively reading Debord. I'm part way into the first chapter of Capital, and despite the language he uses, a lot of it is comprised of fairly simple concepts that seem like common sense to me. The thing that stuck out the most is that idea that a thing that is produced is made valuable by the amount of labor put into it, relative to the average rate of production. I found a pretty cool series of lecture videos by a professor who taught Capital for like 40 years or something like that. Here's the link:

http://davidharvey.org/2008/06/getting-started/


A friend and I are starting a zine. The goal is to ultimately foster a social movement that is healthy and able to fight/defend it's self. Or at least create dialogue for those interested in how to do this. Hope it's not too bro for you hippies.


Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment